Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chocolate Chip-A-Licious!


I was visiting my parents this past weekend and my skinny mom gave me a Costco bag of chocolate chips, which she had purchased, planning to use for her Christmas baking, but didn't and now she wants them out of her house so they won't make her fat. Hilarious Little Mommy!

So now I'm on a mission to use the biggest bag of chocolate chips I've ever seen, and no time like the present to get started!

Remember those giant chocolate chocolate-chip muffins that come from places like supermarkets and Costco? I decided to make those, but obviously yummier and a more realistic size.

I'm also a huge believer in one-bowl-baking whenever possible. It's so much quicker and cleaner, and you can do something like bust out a large batch of impressive muffins to share with your co-workers the next morning with minimal effort. Sort of like those old Rice Krispy Square commercials where the Mom goes in the kitchen and throws some flour on herself...

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
By Dulce Doll

1 3/4 cups AP flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
5 tbsp. best quality cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling if desired
1 cup half and half
1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine all the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients, one at a time, beating after each addition to blend well.

Fill muffin liners 3/4-full and sprinkle the tops with a few more chocolate chips. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.

Makes 10 to 12 muffins.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE chocolate chips!! Chocolate chip muffins..OH MY!!! I hope I can try these out soon!

    ReplyDelete