Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Blonde Moment...


So, I pretty much LOVE Blondies!! I'm hosting a get-together of friends on Friday night, and the theme is "afternoon tea", so I'm trying to come up with traditional, and also some unconventional tea party accompaniments. I also want to stick to small, cute, individual portion items so I baked individual Blondies in my little cups that I love so much ("nut and party cups" that I found at a restaurant supply store - extremely handy and very inexpensive).

Also, since I basically make Blondies the same way every time, I added a little secret ingredient that turned out to be delicious - coconut! Hmmm, coconut and butterscotch, I'm such a risk-taker, I know.

Blondies
By Dulce Doll

1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/4 cups AP flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup Chipits butterscotch chips
1 cup shredded sweeted coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter and both sugars and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium-high speed until fluffy. Decrease speed to medium and add vanilla, beat until combined.

Decrease your speed to low. Add flour in two batches, and baking powder. Mix until thoroughly combined.

Distribute evenly among cups (about 2 tablespoons of batter per) or a 9 by 13-inch baking dish that has been prepared with butter and flour.


Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake tester inserted comes out clean. If you are using cups, they will be starting to pull away from the sides of the cups, as well.

Makes 24 individual cups or one tray and you determine the size of bars.

2 comments:

  1. These blondies look great! I wonder how they would turn out if you substituted some of butter with coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Good! Try them with Devonshire Cream!

    ReplyDelete