Saturday, September 19, 2009

Poodles for the Poodle



I've been doing a lot of baking lately, but all for humans, so I decided today I would bake some for my little one and his friends.

It's obviously very important that you use the very best ingredients possible. Extra virgin olive oil, peanut butter free of salt, sugar or any other preservatives (the only ingredient should be peanuts), etc.

Use fun cookie cutters if you have them. Most of the ones I've seen are bone-shaped, but I happen to have a poodle cutter that I picked up at Sur la Table.


Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup rolled oats
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup water
1/3 cup peanut butter

Directions:

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until well-blended. It will seem very dry. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Working with half the dough at a time, knead until smooth on a floured board, and roll to 1/8-inch thick. The thinner the dough, the crispier the cookie.

Cut into desired shapes, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp. Cool, and store in an airtight container.


Happiness really is a warm puppy.

1 comment: